"if I had a nickel for every damn dime..."

Monday, December 13, 2004

Other people's lives seem more interesting cause they aint mine

As I was still attempting to shake off the "she'll never see it coming" crap, (previous post) I hung out with my peeps. My peeps being the other 150.000 drivers also traveling 3 to 5 miles per hour on the expressway. I did my best to hide the nugget I secretly worked on in the left nostril and listened to mindless, I mean talk radio. "Wouldn't it be great if you would never have to deal with depression and every day you woke up happy?" The commercial drooled out into the airways. Holy shit! Did I just hear that correctly? Could she have truly just spewed that out of her well paid lips? I listened on, and yes, yes she did. Gee, that would be so great! And everyone would love me, finally! I was actually hoping they would expedite the procedure to simply cut out the region of my brain responsible for sadness or depression.

Geez, I'm still workin' through deep, intensive bouts with complacency.

|