"if I had a nickel for every damn dime..."

Thursday, December 09, 2004

And she said WHAT?

I have this new customer I call on. She's a restaurant manager for the Radisson at Knott's Berry Farm, or is it Knott's Theme Park? Very nice woman; but she's a blinker. She always has a warm disposition - polite, nice smile, and she blinks. I'm not talking about the blink required by the human eyelid to keep our peepers clean and healthy. It's like a wink, but with both eyes. And she blinks her little winky-winky timed precisely when she says something nice or charming. I know this because she tilts her head to one side like a dog when it hears a strange, high-pitched sound, or she shrugs her shoulders slightly... Then she blinks. "Cute little-wittle phrase," blink, "Oh, thank you," mother-fucking blinky-wink. I really wanna slug her in the face.

I had this referee in little league. Every single call the guy made was done with a giant, warm smile on his face. "Strike three, your OUT!" Smiling the entire Goddamn time.

What the hell is wrong with these people? Blinky-wink, BIG SMILE, "Batter, take your base."

I'm gonna start blinking back.

|