"if I had a nickel for every damn dime..."

Tuesday, December 07, 2004

In My Head

Sometimes I play inane games with myself and inanimate objects. Take today as an example. I stepped out of my car and reached into the back seat to grab my coat to take it inside with me. The angle I chose to reach it was between seats and almost painful to reach through, but I was so close to my coat. I could slightly feel the fabric with my fingertips, but couldn't quite reach it. At that moment, I vowed, even if it took all day and quite possibly, a fractured arm, I would reach that coat. I pushed and strained at the poor angle I had originally chosen, inch by inch, until finally, I achieved my goal. I put my coat on, which is quite snappy if I do say so myself, and triumphantly sauntered into the house. Victory was mine. I am a winner.

Yeah, OK.

|