"if I had a nickel for every damn dime..."

Monday, January 03, 2005

Back without a vengeance

Rain in the Southland... The news programs here provide every detail: "Chet U-Betcha reporting from a rain-soaked neighborhood here in the San Gabriel Valley. Water continues falling from the sky." (as he stands in the rain) "I'm here with some Southland residents to report to you how they're dealing with this problem." (in a manic tone) "I tried to go to work today, but when I opened my front door, water was falling from the sky. I attempted to dodge the tiny droplets, but they just kept hitting me. I can't even go to Starbucks."

You get the picture.

So, I'm home working. I didn't go out because I couldn't stomach the conversations with customers about the rain, the holidays, the usual "chit chat" crap.

Kitty has planted herself on my lap. Sophia sits in her jammies and terrorizes a cricket I caught with one of Miranda's new toys.

And I am absolutely committed to getting some work done in an hour or twelve.

|