"if I had a nickel for every damn dime..."

Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Cha-Cha-Cha CHIA

Just stop. Everyone. Honestly, has it come to this?

I saw a guy in a mall parking lot, scratch that, a senior citizen in a mall parking lot today aquire what, in his mind, was the find of the century, A parking spot right in front. Problem: The spot was roughly half a spot. A gigantic blue dumpster, the big ass ones, the ones you can fit an entire small country's belongings in, was stationed in half the spot. He managed to position himself and his Oldsmobile, (funny, the name of his car has "old" in it) between said big ass blue dumpster and a Ford F150. He got into the spot, but was unable to open his door on either side. He sat there, in his car, trapped in the best parking spot in the mall parking lot. I pulled into a newly vacated spot, three cars away, hopped out and walked past his car. "You doin' okay in there?" I asked. He turned and said something that blew me away. "Yeah, I'm just waitin' until this guy in the truck gets back and leaves so I can open my door."

Um... Yeah, good thinkin' Pops.

In case you're wondering, he was there when I got back to my car.

|