"if I had a nickel for every damn dime..."

Thursday, December 16, 2004

Happy Hokidays

"A Christmas Carol" aired this evening on Cartoon Network. Yes, I was watching with my kids. It was, of course a different version; animated, Mr. Scrooge was played by none other than near-sighted, squinty-eyed Mr. Magoo. The last time I saw Mr. Clumsy Guy Magoo speaking to inanimate objects was approximately 1975. Never liked him much. He was the first cartoon on immedietely following our National Anthem. There were only three channels back then kids, and cartoons were only on for about 6 hours on Saturday mornings. I know, and I walked uphill both ways to school and had to defend myself against attacking bears with my loose leaf binder.

So there I am, watching Mr. Magoo, my six-year-old snuggled up under my arm, and my three-year-old laying smack dab on top of me. For about 30 minutes, Mr. Magoo as Ebinezer Scrooge was just perfect, and so was everything else.

|