"if I had a nickel for every damn dime..."

Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Riders ready, Pedals ready, GO

What is funny? No, not the stand up, eloquently conversing, or seeming to converse with our late night talk show hosts when in all actuality, they're simply setting punch lines up for each other accordingly. Each punch line meticulously following a precisely written script. Funny is... Well, funny is as funny does, I suppose.

My wife finds herself hilarious. We've been together for quite some time. I don't find her hilarious. Scratch that, I do. I find her funny when she's not trying to be. Emotional, heart felt rants. Yep, funny. An ucomprimising, unending, unbelievable love for Stephen Patrick Morrissey. Funny. No wait... Her love for Morrissey is beyond funny. It's kinda scary.

Now, I don't think she gets my sense of humor either. I've got 'em rolling in the aisles out in my fakey fakey life; (fakey-fakey: the act put on when we're not at home, or is it just me putting on an act?) at work, to passers by in the supermarket line hoping to shake from the misery, to a couple or so friends. Maybe I used up my funny trying to get her into bed early on. Hmmmm. She certainly didn't have to utter one funny sentence to get me into bed early on. That's kinda funny, isn't it?


|