"if I had a nickel for every damn dime..."

Sunday, December 11, 2005

Get along little doggie

Okay. So it did feel butt ass frigid. Even to those from Wisconsin. And New York. But maybe butt ass was a bit dramatic. I understand there is always someplace colder if you talk to enough people. Aside from the cold, I will say this, I walked from the hotel to a restaurant in the newly falling snow and hardly noticed the chill. It was beautiful.

It was mentioned to me I may happen to see a real live cowboy during my ever so pleasant stay here in Tulsa. Boy am I lucky. When I arrived, I was quickly informed the "Farm Show" was in town. Shortly after, I found it difficult to swim through the belt buckles, cowboy boots and ten gallon hats crowding the lobby. (I don't really even know what a ten gallon hat is, nor do I care to... It just sounded good) And I learned something new about myself. I'm prejudice. I'll premise this by saying I understand generalizing any group of people is wrong. Divide anyone into any group you like. After they're segregated, good, honest and loving folk will be included in the group as well as a few real pricks. That said, whenever a real live cowboy makes his way into my line of sight, especially when he's decked out, I've even seen some wearing spurs, (seriously... Fucking spurs) I think to myself, "Now there's a real asshole." I know, I know, I'm wrong in assuming Quick Draw McGraw is an asshole, but really. The hat. The boots. Oh yeah, and that big shiny belt buckle that's roughly the size of a football. Did I mention the spurs? Yes. Yes I do believe I did.

Forgive me. And help me. Am I completely off base? I'm trying to remain open-minded.

Besides the real live cowboys, the first week of training has been productive. I've learned more than I would have ever imagined about performing a root canal. I'm so homesick it hurts, but I'm standing behind the fact that I happened along a fantastic job. It'll be spectacular when I'm home actually working my territory.

And lastly, today would have been Mom's 65th Birthday. She used to make a really big deal about her Birthday. Today is a really big deal.

|