"if I had a nickel for every damn dime..."

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

The Famous Chocolateer

Wow… One would think I had been amidst an incredibly “busy” chapter in my life. I haven’t written one Goddamn thing to post here. I hardly return emails. I don’t like picking up my phone much. As far as this chapter being busy? Um, no. I’m afraid, on paper I haven’t been occupied with much as of late. I did spend a good deal of my time looking for a job for roughly the first 3 weeks of my unemployment. You know, after I decided the best job I had ever accepted in my life turned out to be a four day career. Right. No typo. I worked there four days. But I’ve already talked about this. So yes, I’ve been unemployed for over two months now. The money is gone. The credit cards are being re-activated. Cash advances. Groceries. Chicken Little with the girls. And believe it or not, I haven’t felt like I’ve had any time off. Looking for a job. Interviewing. Taking care of the girls. Loving. I’ve been busy. *That’s why I previously eluded to not being busy “on paper”* The way I feel, I have no idea how I ever worked a full time job into my busy lifestyle. I’m somewhat reflective presently for a reason. Another chapter is finishing up. And it’s not a cliff hanger. Everything is working out quite perfectly. I’m currently on a plane. (I pulled out the laptop just so I could give the impression I was diligently working on a project of utmost importance) And I am. Anyhoo, I’m on a return flight from Tulsa Oklahoma. I stayed less than 24 hours. My final interview with Tulsa Dental. A big, meaty, very well paid position I had no business applying for. And I got the job. My eyes well up when I think about this year. The loss of my Mom. My pending divorce. The love I now have in my life. The quitting of RW Smith. The four days at LA Fitness. The past two months. And the new job. The job comes with a car, a laptop, a cell phone, an expense account. I almost feel like an adult. *almost*

And here we are. Just you and I. What a fucking year.

And I’m on a plane and I got the fucking job.



|