"if I had a nickel for every damn dime..."

Sunday, August 28, 2005

You can't handle the truth

"Daddy, we had a deal" is what my four-year-old says to me today. Allow me to explain. She regularly demonstrates un uncanny ability to precisely state a clear and appropriate response to any given circumstance. The problem is she often times has no idea what she's saying. But it's timed so perfectly. And delivered with such assurance. I actually have to consider weather I forgot about striking a deal with her. As it turns out, I probe further using my obviously superior adult reasoning, and once again, she's categorically off base. I think. Unless I'm categorically off base. Good thing I'm a lot bigger. And I have a job. And can pretend like I'm really busy with something and can't discuss the deal at that particular moment. Gives me time to provide a rebuttal at a future time.

|