"if I had a nickel for every damn dime..."

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Hey Mom. Just thought I would type a quick note while I had a moment. The things you left behind are being put to good use. Seemed like I would never see the bottom of the old cigar box full of quarters. Must have been around $200 worth. I stretched those quarters to clean countless loads of laundry for your Son and granddaughters. Thanks. I used to always laugh to myself when I pushed a cart up and down the grocery isles, you on the other end of my cell phone, "So, do you want some frozen dinners?" The amount of hot tea you had me purchase made cart organization difficult. And I would get a little mad. Sorry about that. I always tried to hide the fact I was mad about something as stupid as hot tea. I took those boxes of tea home with me when you died. And I've enjoyed them. Can't really see the need for the decaffeinated ones, but I can't throw them out either. If I drink tea, I want something with a kick. And lotsa honey and cream. But they've been great and I'm beginning to run low on those as well. I finally put an old picture of you up. And a Chinese fan that belonged to your Mom, and Mardi Gras beads. And remember those dumb little wooden calypso spoons that have been around for years? They're on the same shelf as the picture. And my cat Sebastian that became your cat that has once again found himself as my cat is doing really well. Hard to believe the children he once avoided like the plague have become a source of comfort to him. I think he knows they are somehow connected to you. And remember Jennifer? You suggested I date her before you died. We're so close now. Were you there when all of that happened? I wouldn't be surprised. Before I go, I also wanted to tell you that I think I really quit smoking again. Maybe for good. I used modern medicine. It's still not easy but I have a lot of support and I wanna stick around here for awhile. I love you and I think about you every day. I think you can take that for granted. Thanks for everything. We'll talk again.

|