"if I had a nickel for every damn dime..."

Sunday, December 19, 2004

Pick of the Litter

"I met this girl yesterday, and she had the best pussy...
I was talking about her cat, people. Please, keep your minds out of the gutter.
That cat was the best fuck I ever had."
-Steve Martin


I had finally had it. Besides, a new kitty will add furry goodness to the family right? We buy the kitty box, kitty litter to fill the kitty box, the poop scoop, a scratching pad so the little rodent won't scratch up the furniture, even a Godddamn kitty collar. Everthing was set. All that was left was the kitty. We took a trip to the Humane Society and pet some kitties. I ask about picking a kitty. "Adopting a kitty will be $80, you'll need to fill out an application, pay the fee, wait a few days for the kitty to be fixed, have everyone in the family come down here to spend time with the kitty, while we observe you, then, if we decide the placement fits, you can take your new kitty home with you." Holy shit, I didn't come down here to adopt a child, can I just have a cat? Appartently, it doesn't work that way. So ta' hell with that, we'll go to Petco.

The "cat woman" at Petco, a volunteer that takes care of the cats for a kitty adoption agency, has a secret. When you ask about the kitties, she'll convince anyone she has the finest felines in town. "They're fixed, have all thier shots, are Advantaged, well-cared for and happy." Great, we'll take one. Her secret: she doesn't really want any of them to leave. "Okay, well you'll need to fill out this 3-page application, handle the kitty, wait a few days for us to call you, and if (when) we don't call, you should just go to the Humane Society. However, if everything goes well, and, based on your application we decide to allow placement, the kitty will be $95.".

To add frosting to the frustration cake, I found this.

I'm back to filling out a credit app, or sitting in a job interview. Trying to convince the "God of the moment" I'm worthy. When did everything change and why wasn't I notified? I think I'll just go buy a child on the black market and call it our new kitty. Maybe name it fluffy.


|