"if I had a nickel for every damn dime..."

Saturday, April 02, 2005

6 in the Morning, Police at my Door

I've never been able to pull off successful April Fool's jokes. Not even a few years ago when I was a complete liar. And I fall for 'em. Every single one. Thanks Jaimie. You sonofabitch. Yesterday, I read this. And I fell for it. Me: "it's okay man, this isn't good-bye, blah blah, fucking blah." Then I have someone tell me that their car won't start. At a very odd moment in our conversation. An illogical point in our conversation. She was supposed to come over the next day. And just after midnight, she tells me her car won't start. And I buy it. Just for a second. But she had to be the one to say, "April Fool's!!" I wouldn't have figured it out on my own. Dammit.

So I'm gonna start planning now. Hope none of you know me in a year. I'm gettin' someone.

|