"if I had a nickel for every damn dime..."

Saturday, April 02, 2005

Chicken Little said the Sky was Falling

The Hash Slinging Slasher mutters from the center of the room. The sky is falling... Maybe too dramatic. I may have a problem relaxing. Vacationing this week: Visited the snow; Did 9 loads of laundry; Spent the day with Snoopy at Knott's Berry Farm; Did a "little" work to insure a smooth return to business as usual next week; Spent time at the favorite shopping spots; (Costco, Wal-Mart, Trader Joe's) Stayed up way too late strung out on Magnolia more than once. Had one wonderful day at The Evil Empire... Did we "vacation?" I ask the loaded question to illustrate how I seem to do things. Go go go! Fill every moment. Watch the clock. Push. Say it again: I may have a problem relaxing. The subject arises at the present time because it's now Saturday. Okay, okay, I have done two loads of laundry, but sonofabitch, I've done nothing else. Six episodes of Foster's, three cat naps, un-bathed children still in their jammies. I can't take it. But I must. Disney sucked the life from me. So I sit. Lie down. I think about what I should be doing. Les'see, I really should clean up the office. Should'a placed that order for steak knives days ago. Planned on re-organizing my account list. The floors are dusty. The bathroom needs cleaning. What in the hell is my problem?

Next vacation, I'm getting on a ship.

|