"if I had a nickel for every damn dime..."

Wednesday, December 01, 2004

As life gets longer awful feels softer

Holy shit I should be working right now. Quotes, e-mails, proposals, orders to input.

Home office in the beginning: Dude, it’s gonna be so cool. Hangin’ out at home, with the kids, at my house, T.V. on, in my underwear, DUDE! How great is THAT going to be? Home office after almost a year: Wake up, there’s your desk, (office is in the bedroom) you really should get something done. Watching T.V. – a tiny voice from unknown location, “darek, you really need to be working, your HOME OFFICE is right over here!” Huh? (double-take) “Home office,” as it turns out, especially in the same place I sleep, or try to sleep while I think about work because it's roughly 6 feet from where I lay every night, is not so cool.

I challenge the home office by NOT WORKING, sitting right here, in the mix, not quoting, e-mailing, inputting orders. Home office, I challenge you! Shit, I’m gonna be up late tonight. And my
customers: “Darek, why were you working on my quote at 11:40 last night?” Fucking e-mail time stamp.

That’s not why I’m posting. I’m home while the
wife is out falling in love with Sondre Lerche all over again I’m sure. In fact, go to her blog in a few hours and I’m certain you’ll have the pleasure of reading all about her little Nordic Love God, Sondre. “He is soooo brilliant. He’s soooo charming. I just LOVE him!” (as she looks in my direction) “Uh, in a maternal way.” Anyhoo, she went with her brother and his wife. Hmmmm… We’re like one happy little blogging family. Hell we even have the family blog. I broke the rules and put a picture of the girls on the previous post. “But that’s what our family blog is for.” It is, I just couldn’t help it.
Back to thinking about work, artfully procrastinating with other activities. Um, got anything you need me to do?


Hope Julie gets home and shows ME her love, but not in a maternal way of course. ;)

|