"if I had a nickel for every damn dime..."

Sunday, February 27, 2005

Find the bookmark

I was told by a friend the page was turned and a new chapter has begun. On paper, the last chapter concluded tragically. Experiencing it seems different somehow. Not so much the mess it would appear to be if I were someone else looking at me.

I spent the evening being charming, funny, well-liked. I can turn that on. I prefer not to. Feels so much like a lie. In involuntary social situations, however, especially when it makes sense politically, the three way bulb clicks to the highest power and I lie. She appeared to feel special. She was, after all, a guest of the C.E.O. And of course, I would have much rather been spending time with another "she" at the party. I didn't hurt anyone. It's just not natural to me anymore. I haven't a clue what I'm saying.

Just happy to be home. And the pussy is happy to have me. Did I mention I hate weekend-long work functions?

There, Jaimie... Good, Bad or Indifferent.

|