"if I had a nickel for every damn dime..."

Thursday, January 27, 2005

And it takes a quiz to pull me out of my shell

Oh, but I can't allow it to be that easy. Thanks to jku for requesting I take a music quiz. And I will... Prequiz however, the need to talk for a moment or two has inspired me. Thanks jku, I really appreciate it. And thanks to everyone for checking in when all my brain has had to offer has been self-deprication. The loser within has been working out, getting stronger, and holding me in a headlock.

Good Times.

So I gathered my insecurity and whatever else I could find and went out last Saturday night. A party. An L.A. party no doubt. Then to a club. Holy shit, social interaction is still a nightmare.

Says she with lipstick on her teeth and a cocktail tipped to one side in her hand, "Hi, I'm Hillary and this is Amanda. We wanted to introduce ourselves to yooo 'cause you looked fun!" Poor little dummy. I'll guarantee of the many ways I must of looked, "fun" was not included on that list. "Amanda is psychic," (I'm thinking she may be psychotic) "and I bet she can guess what yooo do for a living." This is gonna be good. The psychic pipes up, "You're a producer! Am I right?" I went with it until I threw up in my mouth just a little. Several conversations followed. Most were of the same caliber. Not that I'm a sharp witted conversationalist, I was just having difficulty playing the game. I imagine I'll blossom back into a social butterfly once again, but not then, and not there. As it turns out however, I still look "fun." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice. I made mention of a club, and wow, that scene hasn't changed either. In fact, as we entered, a song I listened to in clubs 12 years ago was being spun. Oh, if I were only 12 years younger. And full of cheap booze. And desperate for attention. And not bitter. Guess I could start by not being bitter. This too shall pass.

But that's not what I came here to say.

The world has not ceased to spin on its axis. People die and babies are born. I've continued to work, love my children, shower, floss, breathe. I'm not at the highest point I've ever experienced, but I'm at the highest point possible at the moment. And truthfully, it aint too bad.

And bitter can be kinda funny sometimes. I've had a decent laugh recalling my night out.

|