"if I had a nickel for every damn dime..."

Sunday, January 16, 2005

Thirty-seven Helens Agree

"I can hardly wait to hear what I'm gonna say next," was how he used to start his pitch. And that's why I'm here. I don't know what's coming, and I mean that in the 'post' sense, not in the 'life' sense. Interestingly enough, our world hasn't stopped spinning. Everyone keeps breathing air, in and out, mindless assholes are still driving thier cars on streets everywhere in the country, kitties use the litter box, laundry gets done, (it's not dirty anymore, not since it's been hung out there on my last post) and Moms get sick and go to hospitals. That's right, I took Mom on Friday night and they've found a mass on her stomach. It might be cistic, might be something else. We won't know what it is until early in the week. But let's not focus on that until we know more. (Oh, but I suppose if anyone has any life-changing events they wanna' toss up onto my shoulders, I haven't buckled yet.) Point is, everything continues. It moves, evolves, dynamic changes take place. "Eyes need us to see, hearts need us to beat." I don't know if Modest Mouse lyrics apply here, I just really like that song. Yes, I happen to be a bit loopy. Fuck it. I'm right here. Step back man, I'm a Ghostbuster.

By the way, if anyone's seen my funny, I'm looking for it and want it back.

|