"if I had a nickel for every damn dime..."

Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Can't believe this is all I have to write about...

A post entitled, "can't believe this is all I have to write about," refers specifically to the post's subject matter. Days filled with work and family, as well as pathetic self pity, but not necessarily in that order; struck with the first desire to express anything here. Let's talk about cartoons. The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy, to be specific. Have you seen it? What am I doing watching cartoons? I can, of course, blame the children. "They're watching it"... And they are, but somehow, so am I, more than the girls I think. So Billy and Mandy are kids. Let me rephrase that. They're odd little kids. Billy, an intensified version of a child: loud, goofy, he kinda looks like a little old man. And Mandy: dark, cold, cynical; nothing like a child. Billy's dad: an absurd dork... Hardly a father figure. (Lotsa those on T.V. these days) And did I mention that they live with Grim? Grim is his first name, Reaper his last. That's right, they hang out with the Grim Reaper, black cloak, pointy sickle, and he's an evil skeleton. No one seems to question the fact that Grim is the angel of death. They toil in twisted fairy tales, monsters, fire and brimstone. Where were Billy and Mandy when I was a kid? Maybe I couldn't handle it. Mr Magoo, Bugs and The Roadrunner; not the Grim Reaper and spiders. Anyway, my, oops, I mean, the kids' show is coming on.

|